The ins and outs of shipping with Saatchi Art
If you have made a sale on Saatchi Art, Congratulations! Take a moment to celebrate, then read on for a how-to guide to your next post-sale steps; including shipping, packaging, insurance and more.
5 things to look forward to after the sale:
1. emails First, an email informing you of the sale. You will also receive information on the next steps you will need to take so that we can successfully deliver the artwork to the collector. These steps include:
- Schedule a date and time for our courier service to pick up your sold artwork. If 24 hours pass and you have not scheduled a pickup date, please expect a phone call and email from our artist support team.
- By writing to us to acknowledge that you have read and understood the Saatchi Art. packaging guidelines to make sure you know how to properly package your artwork for shipment.
2. Within two days prior to your pickup date, you will receive an email from us informing you that your shipping documents are now available to print from your Sales Dashboard. Stay tuned for our emailsin some cases, you may receive your shipping label via email from our artist support team.
3. A courier service will arrive on the date you requested to pick up your package and shipping documents. Be sure to give all shipping labels and paperwork to the courier.
4. Your artwork will then be collected and delivered to the collector. Transit time may vary based on your customer’s location. You will see the tracking number for your shipment on the label provided to you. Keep using that tracking number on the carrier’s website directly (for example, FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc.)
If you ship internationally, there may be custom delays. Don’t panic: this is not unusual. Our trusted artist and customer support team is monitoring the progress of your artwork until it reaches your collector. We will be updating your client along the way.
5. After seven (7) days from the date of delivery to your collector, your payment will be available. At the end of the seventh day (PST), we will send you an email notification that your funds are ready for payment. To request payment, visit the Sales Dashboard of your Saatchi Art account. Saatchi Art artists are not charged processing fees when requesting payment via Paypal, bank transfer, or mailed check.
Cost of shipping
Your collector is responsible for the shipping cost. Artists are only responsible for the cost of packaging their artwork (for pricing advice see here).
Shipping cost will be broken down to artists when uploading their artwork. From your collector’s perspective, the cost of shipping is included in the price of the artwork. (For more information on AISP Click here)
Packaging your artwork for shipping
Our shipping insurance policy is only honored if you have packaged your artwork in accordance with our guidelines.. In the unfortunate event that your artwork is delivered damaged, any deviation from our packaging guidelines will result in your sale not being honored.
Fortunately, we do our best to offer tools to prevent unwarranted shipping damage. Please Please download and carefully read our full Packing Guidelineswhich also includes information on common causes of damage to works of art, the suitable packing materials, links to additional resources, and more.
Check out the different detailed guidelines for packaging:
Saatchi Art insures all shipments for the amount of the artist’s commission for the work sold.
If an artwork arrives damaged due to poor packing procedures, we will consider the shipment uninsurable and Saatchi Art will hold the artist responsible for the damage. We will work with the collector to return the artwork for a full refund.
Once artworks are submitted, the artist must acknowledge that they have followed our Packing Guidelines and/or consulted with us directly if these guidelines did not contain specific instructions for your artwork. We often ask artists to send us photographs of the artwork that was packaged prior to shipment to help us determine whether or not the packaging is suitable.
Want more success tips delivered straight to your inbox? Subscribe to the artist newsletter.