Rise and shine, Boulder! Here’s the news happening in Boulder today.
Wednesday’s weather: A little sun with a shower. High: 80 Low: 59.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Are you a Boulder area business owner in need of marketing or advertising expertise? Sweet Sadie is a full-service marketing agency based in Boulder and New York, specializing in helping brands and businesses create buzz. Whether you need digital and social media support or end-to-end video production, Sweet Sadie can help you bring the sizzle of Madison Avenue to the mountains. To see their portfolio and learn more visit Sweet Sadie here today or email Rachel Lederman at [email protected]
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are the best stories in Boulder today:
- Pre-tenured UC faculty impacted by COVID-19 are getting grant aid. The new Thrive grant provides up to $10,000 to support research and creative work. COVID-19 has affected tenure-track faculty the most during the pandemic. (CU today)
- Spyder is no longer the clothing sponsor of the US Ski Team after 33 years. Boulder-based Spyder Active Sports has been supplying US Ski & Snowboard outerwear for more than three decades, but starting this winter, the US Olympic team will be wearing skiwear from Italian brand Kappa. (CO Daily)
- Have Denver Metro rent prices gone up as much as you think? A new report from the University of Denver’s associate professor of real estate shows just how much Denver metro rent prices have risen over the past year. (9News)
- A Boulder couple return to overseas voluntary service. The Peace Corps suspended global operations and evacuated nearly 7,000 volunteers from more than 60 countries at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lisa and Peter Waugh are due to leave for Peru at the end of May 2022. (FOX31)
- Rattlesnake season is upon us. With the warmer weather, hikers aren’t the only ones returning to Colorado’s trails. Rattlesnakes also like to hang out on popular hiking trails on sunny days, and wildlife experts warn hikers to be vigilant. (Barometer)
From our sponsor:
Hey, Boulder… need to do something in your house? Check out our new Local Businesses in Boulder feature to find the best local professionals for gardening, plumbing, house cleaning and more!
Today in Boulder:
- Online TOEFL Preparation Study Group: Boulder Public Library. (9:30 a.m.)
- Spring fantasy: Boulder High School. (4 p.m.)
- Boulder Badass: Networking event. (4:30 p.m.)
- Teen Chats with BTAB: Boulder Public Library. (4:30 p.m.)
- Meeting of Officers: Left fire protection district. (6 p.m.)
- Meeting of the Arts Commission: Boulder Public Library. (6 p.m.)
- Things to know: Live in Boulder this summer. (CU today)
From my notebook:
- The Velvet Elk lounge is expanding: With concert hall in Boulder. (Westword)
- Aare you a homeowner or builder affected by the marshall fire. You can find other resources for rebuilding an affordable, high-performance, or more climate-resilient home on the Rebuilding Better website. (Build Back Better)
- Applications accepted for Indigenous Peoples Day: The City of Boulder Human Relations Commission is accepting proposals from local organizations interested in hosting an Indigenous Peoples Day event, to be held between Saturday, October 8 and Monday, October 10, 2022. Applications must be submitted by June 1st. . (Rock)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now aware and ready to go out this Wednesday! I’ll see you Thursday morning with a brand new edition of the Boulder Daily. — Brad K. Evans
Do you have a topical tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Boulder Daily? Contact me at [email protected]